The institute employed student-centric methods following NEP 2020 for planning and delivering of content. A monitoring committee, comprised of the Dean of Academics, the Department Head, IQAC representatives, and the Department Teaching-Learning Coordinator, is responsible for overseeing the execution of NEP 2020 and submit a report to Principal.
The faculty are guided to adopt student-centric methods, they were instructed to:
- Utilized to teach 40% of classes using ICT enabled teaching tools like MATLAB, Autodesk Fusion 360, LabVIEW, CISCO Packet tracer, Google Cloud AutoML, PVsyst, Google Colab.
- lecture minimum two topics for each course using Innovative methods.
- upload lesson plans, lecture notes, question papers in LMS, ‘MOODLES.
- Register and complete two online courses through Swayam-NPTEL, Coursera, edX.
- Participate in FDPs to upgrade technical knowledge and 40% of faculty are encouraged to participate in FDPs related to ICT.
Every academic year, during the first week of classes, the class coordinator and the department's Teaching-Learning (TL) coordinator assess students through the Felder-Soloman Learning Questionnaire. Diverse teams based on various learning styles are established and adhered to for all collaborative Teaching-Learning (TL) approaches.
Experiential/ Experiment learning through
- Integration of theory courses with practical sessions.
- Minor projects for all II & III Year UG programmes.
- Semester-long internship in final year.
- Skill Development Labs and Value-Added Courses.
- Simulation based experiments in laboratories.
- Activities through Clubs and IEEE Student Chapter, ACM Professional Chapters and Department Associations in STEM domains.
- Participative and Collaborative learning is promoted through innovative T&L methods such as Think Pair Share (TPS), Formulate Share Create Revise (FSCR), Attention Relevance Confidence Satisfaction (ARCS), Open Book Exam, Flipped Classroom, Expert lectures and Peer learning etc.
- Students were given the option to enrol MOOCs to complete 14 courses through online.
- Research guidance to publish articles/works in indexed journals.
Problem Solving Methodologies:
- Students are fortified to participate in Start-up challenges, VISTA-Technical Project Exhibition.
- Included a course on Engineering Exploration in the curriculum.
- Collaborated with HackerEarth, Codechef, Geeks for Geeks, IIC and Community Service Projects etc.
Blended Teaching Approach:
- 3554 video lectures were developed by faculty and given access through institute LMS portal https://elearning.vignaniit.edu.in/.
- ICT tools like Google forms, Mentimeter, Slido and Kahoot are employed for quick formative assessments and instant feedback.
6226 E-books and 537 Journals (194 IEEE, 39 ASCE, 28 ASME, 276 ELSEVIER) are available in the library.