The IoT Research Lab is a hub for Institute/university/industry
partnership focused on research, innovation and collaborative learning of IoT technologies and
The IoT Systems Research Lab brings together multidisciplinary researchers and leading companies to engage
in thought leadership, breakthrough research, hands-on investigation and knowledge-sharing activities. Our aim
is to foster deeper understanding, accelerated innovation and development, and successful deployment and
adoption of IoT.
WHAT IS THE VIIT INTERNET OF THINGS RESEARCH LAB?
The Internet of Things (IoT) Lab is a campus hub focused on learning, research and hands-on investigation
with a variety of emerging devices and technologies (involving smart devices, pervasive connectivity, virtual
interfaces and cloud computing), and their potential applications in consumer, retail, health care and industrial
contexts. It serves as an exciting multidisciplinary learning and research environment for students and faculty,
as well as a thought-leadership showcase to experience cutting-edge technologies and use-cases.
OBJECTIVES VIIT INTERNET OF THINGS LAB:
- To create innovative applications and domain capability across verticals for country's needs such as Smart City, Smart Health, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Agriculture, Smart Buildings, etc.
- To build industry capable talent, start-up community and entrepreneurial ecosystem for IoT.
- To energize research mind-set and reduce costs in research and development by providing neutral and
interoperable, multi-technology stack laboratory facilities.
- To provide environment for product creation, testing and also for validation & incubation.
WHAT WILL STUDENTS DO?
We are seeking a group of highly motivated undergraduate and postgraduate students from different
disciplines of engineering. The students will have the opportunity to work on a variety of mini-projects to
explore the potential uses of these technologies, and to innovate and build functional prototypes and exhibits to
demonstrate their applications.
BENEFITS TO STUDENTS?
- Students will gain valuable and marketable hands-on learning experience with leading IoT
technologies and applications.
- Students will learn from IoT skills workshops and hands-on tutorials, and through interactions with
- Students will also have the opportunity to create new and innovative applications of these
technologies, and earn certificates end of the semester.
BENEFITS TO FACULTY?
- Faculty will gain valuable research work leading IoT hardware and software development tools,
protocols and frameworks for different applications.